In French, it means “pot of joy,” because that’s what this little pot of lotion is.
You see, one day I realized that I could mix up all the most indulgent parts of my soap into an ultra-rich, buttery lotion.
The winter passed with no dry skin at all, co-workers begged and borrowed dabs of the stuff and I am hooked forever.
So for you, a tutorial. Here are the steps to making the Best Lotion Ever, otherwise known as Pot de Joie whipped shea skin butter:
1. Combine your choice of plant oils and butters. You’re going to melt them down, so you can either use a crockpot or a pot on the stove. We use shea butter, cocoa butter, olive oil and argan oil.
2. Add herbs for infusion. We use lavender, chamomile and calendula, all soothing flowers that help restore damaged skin. We also add a splash of lemon and lavender essential oils so it smells nice and yummy.
3. Melt it down and stir it up. Let the herbs infuse for at least 24 hours.
4. Strain out any leaves, buds or petals through a cheesecloth (or, if you don’t have one handy, a coffee filter). Pour the oils and butters into a mixer and whip it on high for a solid half hour, and you’ve got yourself a lovely whipped shea lotion.
Or, of course, you can skip the above steps and order your little pot of joy by clicking here.
And in case you want a second opinion, here’s one of our favorite bloggers’ opinion of PdJ:
“I LOVE IT SO MUCH. Like, I cannot even express how exceptional it is. I love that it’s a bit rustic, and there are a few little “pieces” in it here and there. It’s so smooth, and smells so amazing, and it’s leaving my skin just amazingly soft. Yes. I love it. I haven’t had a chance to try the soap yet, but they’re GORGEOUS. Really, I’m quite in love with you.”
– Leslie from Crunchy Betty (check her out!)